About the Blog

Why I Started Another Blog?

I have felt for a while that I wanted to journal, but I have preferred to type than write by hand for a long time. I have also gotten into a lot of good conversations with people that have stimulated my thinking. There are also many things that God has been laying on my heart, but I don't always know how to insert them into conversation so that discussion may be started on them. So, I decided to begin to write them down, post them, then see where that led.

About the Blog's Title

When I was thinking about what I wanted to name my blog, the first thing that popped into my head was "Our Lady's Lamp." Now, this may be because at one point in time, when I was much younger, someone told me that one of the titles of the moon was Our Lady's Lamp. I've always loved that image because the moon is only visible, only beautiful, because it reflects the sun. So too is our Blessed Mother Mary, (Our Lady), only beautiful, only Blessed (Luke 1:42-48) by the merit of the Son she carried and reflects.

One of the things God has been challenging me about lately is living an intentional life. A life that reflects him. So, I felt a title that drew upon the metaphor of the moon was more than fitting. It is a reminder to me about the way I should live, and, I hope, a call to all who may read this blog to live a more intentional, Christ centered, Christ reflecting life.

So, I dedicate this blog to my two mothers. To the mother who birthed me, who taught me to love, who taught me to love my Bible, who encouraged me to write and discuss things most parents do not, and who has always been supportive of my insatiable quest to dig deeper into issues of life. And to the Mother who stands as a perfect model of what all people should aspire to be - given totally, irrevocably, and perfectly over to the will of the Father, Son, and Spirit - and who draws people closer to her Blessed Son, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Lady of Guadalupe - The Woman of Revelation 12

The Scourging

My Saintly Stalker: The Little Flower